Sunday, April 3, 2011

Barfday 28

There is too much to cover since last I bloggered. So I will just do my usual free flow and see what comes out. Cheryl, Mike's wife, is back, at least for now, comma comma, and it's been interesting to say the least. I love her though and am sooo happy to enjoy her company again. We went to the 4th avenue street fair today and walked around in the sun and heat for a while. I got a sexy black tank top, a pair of brown cute slipper shoes, and high heels that I intend to spray paint silver for the wedding, all for under $12. I love Goodwill!

My horoscope is always telling me I need to keep physically busy to stay happy but it's hard sometimes when alls you want to do is veg out. But I notice it is true for me. Going from one side of town to the other running errands, library, Somalii family, gym, New Agey seminar, downtown for drinks and then the day is gone before I even had time to check the time.

I had an interview at Whole Foods the other day and it was a story in and of itself but anyway needless to say I didn't get the job. Surprising though they kept calling me telling me how wonderful of an interviewee I was (which is hilarious once you know the backstory) but whatever. From now on in interviews I am not going to sleep the night before, have a bunch of other stuff planned, and go in unprepared and delerious because it's been working out for me in a way. Leave less time to get nervvvvous. Guess that's how I've been able to start hanging around Zach lately too. Anyway, they want me to come an interview for a different position tomorrow. That would just be cruel to have me come back and stillll not hire me so...I best to be collecting some dollars soon.

I am going to try (key word: try) not to make a big thing about Zach and not talk about it too much because it's totally brand new. Plus, he is what I am going to call a Gentleman Player. Wait, that sounds like he plays gentlemen. Gentleman Lady-Player? That'll have to do. Anyway, last night was so...eventful... and I just want to go see him again but I gotta play my cards right. Basically I need some other sidedishes simmering on my stovetop.

So for my birthday I rounded up a couple of my favorite folks plus a new addition, namely Elliott. He's Janka's object of affection but um...yeah, the whole thing is funny and cute and immature and like something out of a quirky independent film. I will say, to his credit, there are very few times it is appropriate to slap a girls ass, and he executed it well. It's fun to go out and Nich is an amazing pilot and captain of the ship for our adventures but also everywhere we go people assume we are a couple. Our behavior probably contributes to this haha but whatever I want to have FUN! Janka was really fun too. It was a pretty awesome Bday. It was cool too because I was missing Peter, an old buddy of Nich and I, and he texted me saying he wants to visit. He lives in CO now. He would've been such a perfect addition to our night. Nich and I are talking about trying to visit him sometime this summer and even though it's a while away I'm excited and I hope we can make it happen.

Last night Mike, Cheryl, and I went to see Tangled.. It had all these amazing reviews. Sure it was good. Like mediocore popcorn but... it didn't come close to Despicable Me. I am a cheesball for "kids" movies.

I went to the Salon and my hair was absolutely drop dead gorgeous for like...3 hours..and I was out in the sun (hello, AZ, impossible to not be in the sun) and now I have a head of orange hair. ORANGE!!! Not Good. ALSO, I have a wedding to go to next weekend. I abhor show shopping, especially dress shoes. Society and ad's are all like "women just love their shoes!" and I'm like hell to the no who you be talking about! A shoe is a damn shoe what am I missing here?! I belabored myself to smithereens the other night walking around in pretty shoes. Forget that hogwash. Would you trade out your car tires for diamond studded stilettos?! No, it's not practical. Neither is putting my foot in some torture device begging for a twisted ankle.

FYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqxnm6t3QMw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2G7hh9jyc


Nich and I sobering up on the hood of my car

 
new lipstick, picture doesn't do it justice! it's RED!

No comments:

Post a Comment